Long Term Contract Opportunity - Cyber Security Specialist
As part of our strategy to enhance Security services for our membership, LARG*net has identified an immediate need for a Cyber Security Specialist. The successful candidate will work with numerous public-sector organizations in healthcare, education, municipalities, and utilities and provide experienced data and infrastructure protection skills and services. Responsibilities include: creating services to ensure thorough logging, monitoring, and reporting; completing penetration tests, dynamic analysis, and other testing activities; assisting members in the event of a security incident and distributing forensic or remediation tools to prevent further intrusions or disruptions; establishing services to assist in developing and testing incident response plans; proactive identification of vulnerabilities including but not limited to unauthorized disclosure of customer data; providing auditing services for members’ existing internal security processes and procedures. The candidate is expected to deliver realistic and effective security solutions to protect members’ critical systems.
The following qualifications are required for this position:
- A degree in Computer Science or diploma in Computer Technology with focus on Cyber Security.
- CISSP and SANS GIAC certifications are highly preferred.
- 5 years of experience in security technology implementation and troubleshooting across all computer platforms.
- 5 or more years required of combined IT and security work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments.
- Excellent understanding of cyber security services (penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, TRA’s, etc.) and solutions (NGFW, IPS, 2-factor authentication, SIEM, networking etc.), including architecting, configuration and installation.
- Understanding of IT security and governance frameworks, such as ISO 27001/2 and COBIT.
- Understanding of security and privacy regulatory/legislative compliance.
- Good understanding of Security Information and Events Management (SIEM) software.
- Experience creating and documenting incident response plans and other security policy considerations.
- Knowledge of offensive and defensive operational security tactics and client support in the event of a security incident.
- Understanding of cloud solution best practices and integration techniques.
- Organizational skills to concurrently manage multiple projects and client demands along with administrative duties.
- Desire to self-educate on the ever-changing landscape of cyber hacking tactics.
This will be a 2-year contract position with a competitive salary, benefits, and incentive package, equivalent to your skills and experience.
Please respond with salary expectations by January 26th, 2018 to: email@example.com