Long Term Contract Opportunity - Cyber Security Specialist
As part of our strategy to enhance Security services for our membership, LARG*net has identified an immediate need for a Cyber Security Specialist. The successful candidate will work with numerous public-sector organizations in healthcare, education, municipalities, and utilities and provide experienced data and infrastructure protection skills and services. Responsibilities include: creating services to ensure thorough logging, monitoring, and reporting; completing penetration tests, dynamic analysis, and other testing activities; assisting members in the event of a security incident and distributing forensic or remediation tools to prevent further intrusions or disruptions; establishing services to assist in developing and testing incident response plans; proactive identification of vulnerabilities including but not limited to unauthorized disclosure of customer data; providing auditing services for members’ existing internal security processes and procedures. The candidate is expected to deliver realistic and effective security solutions to protect members’ critical systems.
A combination of these qualifications will be taken into consideration:
- A degree in Computer Science or diploma in Computer Technology with focus on Cyber Security.
- CISSP and SANS GIAC certifications are highly preferred.
- 5 years of experience in security technology implementation and troubleshooting across all computer platforms.
- 5 or more years required of combined IT and security work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments.
- Excellent understanding of cyber security services (penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, TRA’s, etc.) and solutions (NGFW, IPS, 2-factor authentication, SIEM, networking etc.), including architecting, configuration and installation.
- Understanding of IT security and governance frameworks, such as ISO 27001/2 and COBIT.
- Understanding of security and privacy regulatory/legislative compliance.
- Good understanding of Security Information and Events Management (SIEM) software.
- Experience creating and documenting incident response plans and other security policy considerations.
- Knowledge of offensive and defensive operational security tactics and client support in the event of a security incident.
- Understanding of cloud solution best practices and integration techniques.
- Organizational skills to concurrently manage multiple projects and client demands along with administrative duties.
- Desire to self-educate on the ever-changing landscape of cyber hacking tactics.
Over the initial 2-year term of this contract, LARG*Net will work closely with the successful candidate to evaluate the effectiveness of this Security role and the ongoing potential to transition it to a full-time position within our organization. A competitive salary, benefits, and incentive package, equivalent to your skills and experience will be offered.
Please respond with salary expectations by February 28th, 2018 to: email@example.com